First Baptist Church
Denomination: Baptist - SBC
Category: Associate Pastor
Time Type: Full Time
The Associate Pastor of Student and Family Ministries will help fulfill the mission of First Baptist Church of Mt Vernon, through leading and serving in all areas of ministry to further the Kingdom of God. In doing so, the Associate Pastor of Student and Family Ministries will help individuals to:
BELIEVE in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and make connections to help people
BELONG to the First Baptist Church of Mt Vernon faith family
BECOME who God created us to be and
BUILD up the Kingdom of God through missions
Associate Pastor Ministry
1. Support Senior Pastor in overall vision and leadership of church's teaching.
2. Passionate about the authority and inerrancy of the Holy Bible.
3. Assist the Senior Pastor and deacons in all areas of pastoral ministry.
4. Identify community needs that will direct our church to be an effective outreach.
5. Attend deacon's meeting if requested by Pastor or Deacons.
6. Ability to preach during Sunday Services as needed or determined by the Senior Pastor.
7. Work with Senior Pastor to ensure services are planned and executed.
8. Assume primary leadership responsibilities of the church when the Senior Pastor is away.
1. Building connections and relationships with families with varying levels of discipleship.
2. Work with Senior Pastor to create ministry opportunities that resonate with families.
3. Collaborate with and support the Children's Ministry Director as we create positive family involvement within FBC.
1. Set the vision for the student ministry with a plan to carry it out
a. Create a biblical purpose statement for the student ministry.
b. Teach the purpose statement to volunteers and student leaders.
2. Lead ministry according to the vision of the student ministry.
a. Oversee ALL FBC student activities and events
b. Plan activities and events that create opportunities for students to worship, fellowship, and apply Biblical truths to their lives.
c. Plan activities or events that grow students in outreach and service to others.
3. Recruit/train volunteer leaders to help carry out the purpose statement.
a. Lead adults in praying, caring, and investing in students' lives.
b. Train and equip student, college, and adult leaders for discipleship.
4. Intentionally build and maintain relationships with students.
a. Build relationships with unchurched students.
b. Seek out opportunities to "hang out" with students on campus, at sports events, or in the community.
5. Build and maintain quality relationships with parents/guardians.
a. Share vision/purpose statement with parents/guardians.
b. Be aware of parents/guardians' needs and concerns through open communication.
6. Participate actively in campus ministries throughout the community. (FCA, First Priority, See You at the Pole, Baccalaureate, etc.)
7. Oversee student ministry budget.
a. Set a budget that reflects the values in the purpose statement.
b. Steward budget wisely and stay within the allotted amount.
8. Involve students in the overall ministry of the church, supporting and participating in the church's vision, worship services, and events.
9. Attend weekly church staff meetings – Provide a weekly report to the senior pastor of ministry schedule, successes/opportunities for growth, and prayer/ praise reports.
1. A driving passion for leading children, youth and families into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. A positive, outgoing personality who enjoys building and leading teams.
3. An effective multi-tasker with a self-motivated work style.
4. Provide evidence of consistently planning, communicating and following through.
5. Demonstrates a loving and Christ-like attitude by exhibiting a prayerful disposition and a gentle, humble character.
6. Knowledge and ability to use the Bible to guide a new disciple to ongoing spiritual maturity.
7. Set an example of spiritual maturity and personal health through prayer, a healthy marriage and family life, Bible Study, rest, worship and financial stewardship.
8. Builds personal accountability safe-guards into his life.